Thursday 12 February 2015

My top 10 TV series


A girl who loves TV shows?! What an absolute shocker, right?

I felt tired, ill and basically like poop today so I spent most of my time in bed. Given that I think I couldn't find a more appropriate time to write this post if I tried. 

(This list is in no particular order, purely because my mind changes every week about them. I didn't feel like adding official summaries and trailers so I just wrote some personal notes instead.)


  • Teen Wolf - I could write page after page about how much I love Teen Wolf. So many loveable characters (the cast itself is great too!), funny moments as well as really exciting and nerve wracking ones and they always know how to put a twist in the plot. I just wish they wouldn't get rid of my favourite character in every season...
  • Gossip Girl - The fact that Gossip Girl's over will forever leave a hole in my heart. I watched this series for 6 years, basically throughout my teenage years and I loved it SO much! It ended two years ago but I still re-watch my favourite episodes and Chuck & Blair are one of my ultimate OTPs. (Side note: I probably wouldn't recommend it to boys..)
  • Skins - First of all, let's just put this out there: Skins is only Skins if it's the UK version and only up until season 4. I refuse to acknowledge all the other seasons and characters. These teenagers are all kinda fucked up but that's probably the reason why we love them a lot (and of course Freddie & Effy as a couple warm my heart).
  • Once Upon A Time - I love Disney, I love fairy tales and I love how OUAT twists and turns them into something else while making a mashup of them. The plot is probably a bit predictable with the 'hero wins, evil gets the punishment they deserve' but I still find this series super entertaining and Captain Hook is to die for..
  • Arrow - I haven't been watching Arrow for too long, only a few months and I haven't had the time to catch up properly, but I'm nearly there. Such great, exciting episodes, especially in season 2 and I can guarantee that you won't get bored of them!
  • Flash - I do love dorky superhero stuff which is probably why I love Flash so much. It's still relatively new so it shouldn't be too hard to catch up on anyway. ;)
  • Criminal Minds - SO exciting,SO creepy, SO great! If you get scared easily, Criminal Minds might not be for you but other than that I can only recommend it!
  • The Walking Dead - I gave in and started watching TWD after my flatmate kept recommending it. It's not my usual thing but strangely enough I really enjoy it. It's quite gory and zombie-y so if that's not your kind of TV show then try something else haha! 
  • Awkward - Really funny characters and really short episodes so it's always easy to keep up with them.
  • Pretty Little Liars - Even though I've stopped watching it after a couple of seasons because I find it too monotonous, I still wanted to involve PLL. Who knows, I might have to suffer through those boring episodes to get to the good bits and I might do that one day when I feel like I have plenty of time.
  • The Secret Circle & The Carrie Diaries - (I know these are the 10th AND 11th.. Unfortunately, they discontinued these series (sad face).. Although Austin Butler is probably my main reason for watching the Carrie Diaries) 
Series I plan on starting in the future:
  • Orange Is The New Black
  • New Girl
  • The Originals
I hope you liked some of my suggestions, let me know what you watch in the comments below :) 

- Pilla
xo

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm so behind on it because I haven't had much time to watch series lately, but I really enjoy it! x

      Delete
  2. You should definitely watch New Girl! Other than Friends, it's my favorite. I watched Awkward for a while, and one of these days I'm want to get into Gossip Girl because I've heard so many good things about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely want to start watching it when I have a bit more time and I'm all caught up on other series! and omg start Gossip Girl you won't regret it!! x

      Delete
  3. New Girl is so great! I hope you enjoy it whenever you get around to starting it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too I've heard SO many good things about it and a lot of people have recommended it to me! x

      Delete