Sunday 12 April 2015

Disappointing product: Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer


Writing about products that didn't work for me is not something I tend to do but in this case I was so disappointed I felt the need to.

When it comes to drugstore concealers, I swear by Collection's Lasting Perfection. It is the perfect match for my skin and they get along very well. I recently ran out of it and since I couldn't find my shade (01 Fair) anywhere I had to try something new. I have heard countless people rave about the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer but I must admit, I find it absolutely disappointing.

Since I am quite pale I have gone for the lightest shade (Ivory) but I find the undertone a bit too orange for me. Even though I am not into cakey, heavy coverage, this concealer is lighter than what I normally like. Under the eyes I would usually blend the product with my fingertips but for me the Wake Me Up creases if I don't use a brush. My skin is quite dry apart from in the T-zone and this concealer has gone patchy even if I used a primer underneath it.

It might be just me and it might work perfectly with another skin type and tone but all in all, I am very unhappy with the results and I wouldn't purchase this product again.

Let me know how you got on with it if you tried it before and what your holy grail concealers are!

Pilla
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment